Focus of this tour is Palermo Baroque Art and some among the highlights, that best embody the beauty of late XVII and XVIII century.
We’ll walk in ancient boroughs to visit the amazing baroque Oratories, peaceful and bright in the shininess of white stucco.
In the end, totally in contrast, you’ll admire the “tarsie”, colourful pieces of marble, that embellish St Caterina’s Church, one of the most beautiful example of Baroque Style in town.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Get excited in front of the biggest Opera House in Italy, Teatro Massimo
- You’ll be amazed admiring the baroque oratories, with the white and sinuous stucco sculptures by Giacomo Serpotta
- Walk around in the Loggia district, exploring its peculiar alleys and Vucciria Market
- Enjoy Piazza San Domenico and its baroque look.
- Prepare to be astonished while looking at the colourful marble decoration inside St Caterina’s Church
- Meeting point: Piazza Verdi, in front of Teatro Massimo staircase (we’ll wait for you, showing a welcome board: Toursharing)
- Start: 9:00 a.m.
- Sites: Teatro Massimo (outside), Palazzo Branciforte (outside), Oratory of St Cita + Piazza San Domenico, Vucciria Market, Oratory of St Lorenzo, St Caterina’s Church
- Entrance Fees : € 6,00 Oratory of St Cita, € 2 Oratory of St Lorenzo, € 1 St Caterina
- Number of participants: max 12 people
- Duration: about 3 hrs 30 min