This walking tour will take you inside the historic city center, which still bears witness to different cultures and religions: Arab-Norman and baroque churches, palaces, a historic open air food market.
We'll start from Massimo Opera House, one of the most important and elegant theatres in Europe and in short we'll get to Capo Markt. Along the narrow medieval alleys we'll wallk to baroque via Maqueda and after that we'll head to Piazza Vigliena or Quattro Canti, heart of the baroque town, nicknamed “The Square of the Shame”. Just behind the corner, the amazing Piazza Bellini, where you’ll admire the church of Martorana (Saint Mary of the Admiral) and the baroque Church of Saint Catherine of Alexandria.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Explore Palermo historic city centre with its squares and Arab-Norman and baroque churches
- Visit one of the historic food Markets.
- Meeting point: opposite Massimo Opera House in G. Piazza Verdi (we’ll wait for you, showing a welcome board: Palermo Tour Sharing)
- Start: 9:30 a.m.
- Sites: Church of Martorana (S. Maria dell’Ammiraglio); Massimo Opera House (external view), Saint Catherine's Church, Capo Market
- Number of participants: max 12 people
- Duration: 3 hrs
- Language: English
Entrance fees included to Martorana and S. Catherine's Church