This walking tour will take you inside the historic city center, which still bears witness to different cultures and religions: Arab-Norman and baroque churches, palaces, a historic open air food market.
We'll start from Massimo Opera House, one of the most important and elegant theatres in Europe and in short we'll get to Capo Markt and the Cathedral of Palermo where you will admire the beautiful chapel of Saint Rosalia. Along the narrow medieval alleys we'll wallk to baroque via Maqueda and after that we'll head to Piazza Vigliena or Quattro Canti, heart of the baroque town, nicknamed “The Square of the Shame”. Just behind the corner, the amazing Piazza Bellini, where you’ll admire the norman church of Martorana (Saint Mary of the Admiral).
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Explore Palermo historic city centre with its squares and Arab-Norman churches
- Visit one of the historic food Markets.
- Visit the Cathedral of Palermo.
- Meeting point: opposite Massimo Opera House in G. Piazza Verdi (we’ll wait for you, showing a welcome board: Palermo Tour Sharing)
- Start: 9:30 a.m.
- Sites: Massimo Opera House (external view); Capo Market; Palermo Cathedral; Church of Martorana (S. Maria dell’Ammiraglio);
- Number of participants: max 12 people
- Duration: 2h30
- Language: English
Entrance fees included to Martorana