Some useful answers to questions from our users.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT SAFETY AND ANTI-COVID 19 PROTECTION RULES? WHAT ARE THE VISIT RULES?
- groups of max 4 people for museums and max 12 people in the archaeological areas or external sites
- use of masks indoors/ use of masks outdoors just in case of crowd
- frequent use of hand hygiene
- compliance with the rules of distance and prohibition of group gathering
- obligation for tour guides: keeping the toursts' list for 14 days
- sterilization of audio devices, when and if they are rented.
Visitors are also requested by the Sicilian Region, to follow the provisions in the following link:
WHAT IS THE TOUR SHARING?
The tour sharing is the new frontier for tourists, travelers and for all those who like to share, with fun and good value for money, historical and artistic itineraries.
The tours will be carried out by licensed guides who, within the palemotoursharing.com site, will propose their routes independently, making the most of the online market, to support their tours.
Our online platform palermotoursharing.com, will ensure the full functioning of the sharing tour concept in Palermo, allowing users to reserve tours and share their costs, through the crowfunding system.
The tour sharing is the best way to save time and money, visiting the city with a professional tour guide.
WHAT ARE THE PRINCIPLES OF TOUR SHARING?
The underlying principles of the tour sharing:
1. Socialization: this alternative form of cultural tourism offer, especially to solo travelers, the opportunity to meet people who share the same vision of the trip and the same interest in visiting holiday destination!
2. Protection and promotion: Palermo Tour Sharing involves the development of a financing system for the restoration and enhancement of goods and/or historical and artistic work pieces, included in our tour and available to travelers.
3. Sharing: through word of mouth and social networks, you can invite to our tour anyone who wants to share with us this innovative and fun vision of social and cultural tourism.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THE TOUR SHARING?
The underlying advantages of the tour sharing:
1. Savings: sharing the same tour, between people linked by similar cultural interests, will reduce the cost of the guide, as it will effectively be shared between all the participants. You will manage your choice independently. Those who choose more than one tour will also receive a 10 % discount!
2. Security: online payments will be done through PayPal system. Payments will be traceable and you will have a guaranteed billing.
3. Speed: choosing our service you can book, with a few clicks, the tours we offer without going through travel agencies or tour operators, contacting directly the tour guides.
HOW DOES WORK A SHARED TOUR?
For each tour will be set a minimum (5) and maximum (20) number of participants. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the tour will not begin.
Each tour will last 3/4 H. and every fact sheet will contain all information regarding the start and the end route points. Where the minimum number of participants is not reached, customers will be refunded to the last penny!
All transactions will be canceled at the end of the achievement of the offer, in order to quickly return the money spent when booking. The customer will also be informed, via e-mail, about the possibility of choosing another tour departing, or opting for a refund.
The Homepage will show those routes only guaranteed for a few days of the week. There will also be a monthly calendar to give everyone the ability to plan in advance guided tours and participation in our tours!
For latecomers or the undecided, there is the possibility of a last minute booking: the customer can directly contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Info-Point in CCorso Vittorio Emanuele, 351 - PAlazzo GUli, where the qualified staff will carry out for you all the necessary paperwork.
HOW CAN I BOOK A TOUR?
In order to book a tour, no registration is required.
You only need to fill out a form with your billing information: name, address, national insurance number or social security number and email address, in order to ensure a faster communication between us and the user.
At the end of the booking process, the payment transaction will be done by credit and/or debit card, or alternatively using your PayPal account. The whole operation will be handled by PayPal, so you will always be safe.
You can easily connect your PayPal account, or your credit card, in order to get no commission on the reservation.
Once you buy the tour, you will need to print the coupon, received via mail at the end of the booking, and present it to the tour guide in charge of the tour chosen, before the tour begins.
This system will give us the opportunity to identify the paying customers, who have become part of the community of palermotoursharing!
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT FOR USERS AT THE TOUR MEETING POINT?
The guide can directly check on the web site or his/her personal dashboard, the number of bookings received.
If some participants are missing at the meeting place, the guide will wait no more than 5 min.
The guide will be recognizable from the billboard dedicated and the palermotoursharing logo.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BOOK GUIDED TOURS OUTSIDE OF PALERMO TOUR SHARING?
Keep in mind that, as tourist guides non-bound to any company or institution, you can also contact us for guided tours, either individual or group tours, in many other cities of Western Sicily (Trapani, Erice, Segesta, etc.) or Central Sicily (Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, etc.).
Guided visits to museums and palaces, and the tour will take place on those days not reserved to Palermo Tour Sharing. In this case the official rates applied can be checked on the following websites:
SHARE YOUR OPINION!
If you are happy with our tour sharing service, we kindly ask you to leave a positive feedback on our web site and share your best photos on our Instagram and Facebook pages.
Doing so, you will enter the Palermo Tour Sharing Community and be updated about our initiatives! Important: when sharing our tours, please use the hashtag #palermotoursharing, to help us promotng brand awarness and to spread our initiative.
If you find this service smart and useful, share it with your contacts!