This panoramic walking tour gives you a chance to visit Palermo and get the general sense of it, even when you only have very few hours at your disposal. You’ll appreciate the historic development of the town, starting from the modern district, with its well-known theaters: Teatro Politeama, home to The Symphonic Sicilian Orchestra and Teatro Massimo, the temple of the music. Going onwards, you’ll get to The Norman Cathedral, one among the most important landmarks in town and UNESCO Heritage Site.
You’ll visit one of the historic markets in town, Capo Market, with its lively and colourful stalls: best possibility to try typical Sicilian deli street food. Next stop in front of the astonishing Cathedral: inside memorials and tombs of the great kings of Sicily.
While walking we’ll admire squares, fountains and churches set along the main streets in the historic city centre: the amazing Piazza Quattro Canti, the spectacular Piazza Pretoria and the appealing churches overlooking Piazza Bellini.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Discover modern Palermo with its theatres and elegant streets. Stroll along Via Maqueda, admiring aristocratic Palaces and baroque churches
- Visit the renowed Norman Cathedral
- Enjoy the magical atmophere and noise at Capo Market: lively stalls with typical street food on display
- Stroll along the picturesque squares in historic city centre
- Meeting point: Port of Palermo (just outside the Cruise Port Gate - we’ll wait for you at the EXIT, showing a welcoming board: Toursharing)
- Start: 9:00 a.m.
- Sites: Teatro Politeama e Teatro Massimo (only viewed from outside), Capo Market, Palermo Cathedral (inside), Piazza Quattro Canti, Piazza Pretoria, Piazza Bellini
- No Entrance Fees
- Number of participants: max 12 people
- Languge: English
- Duration: about 3 hrs 30 min