An unusual itinerary inside Palermo city centre, through its historic oper-air markets: an immersion into the folkloristic true heart of the town, to experience typical Street Food and ancient cooking traditions.
Walking along narrow alleys you’ll enter the most ancient historic food markets in Palermo: Capo Market and Ballarò, amazing settings full with colours, smells, sounds, lively colourful stalls and typical shouting or “abbanniate”.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Walk along the old city centre, admiring its squares and baroque churches
- Experience the lively and colourful markets: Capo and Ballaró
- Enjoy Palermo Street Food: sfincione (a kind of soft pizza), panino con le panelle (a bun stuffed with chick-pea fritters) and pane con la milza (a sandwich stuffed with tasty spleen),
- Meeting point: Teatro Massimo (in front of the staircase - we’ll wait for you, showing a welcome board: Palermo Tour Sharing)
- Start: 9:30 a.m.
- Sites: Massimo Theater (from outside), Palermo Cathedral (outside), Capo Market, Ballarò, Casa Professa Church and the old town of Palermo
- Number of participants: max 12 people
- Language: English
- Duration: about 3h/30 min