Guided visit to Monreale Cathedral and the Benedictine Cloister, UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Guided tour in English, taking-in the Cathedral, to discover all curiosities hidden behind the building of this amazing Norman Cathedral, commissioned by the last Norman King of Sicily, William II.
The imposing Cathedral houses one of the most extraordinary Medieval cycles of mosaics in West Mediterranean area. Among the main artistic attractions, the huge bronze Gate is also worth mentioning.
Then right around the corner to visit the Medieval Cloister, a quiet place where the monks went to relax and meditate. It stands in the heart of the ancient Benedictine Abbey: all around the colonnaded portico you’ll admire 228 carved stone capitals, portraying fantastical figures, mythological images, biblical stories and ancient legends.
To be noted: it’s possible to get to Monreale
- by tourist bus service hop on/hop off (Yellow line - 10€ return ticket), leaving from Corso Vittorio Emanuele (near the Cathedral)
- by city bus n 389 leaving from Piazza Indipendenza.
- By cab/taxi in sharing: € 25 only one way (1 to 5 people - ask your tour guide)/ 50 € round-trip
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Visit to the astonishing Cathedral of Monreale with its amazing Byzantine mosaics and the Benedectine Cloister
- Explore the narrow alleys in this medieval hamlet and enjoy the Conca d’Oro panoramic view
- Meeting point: Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II (in front of the Triton Fountain - we’ll wait for you, showing a welcome board: Palermo Tour Sharing)
- Start: h 2:30 p.m.
- Sites: Cathedral + Benedictine Cloister
- Entrance Fees: € 4,00 Monreale Cathedral (only if the group consists of more than 9 people); € 6,00 Benedictine Cloister
- Number of participants: max 12 people
- Language: English
- Duration: about 3 hrs
Entrance fees are not included
TAXI IN SHARING: € 50,00